Montana May Hunt

Montana May Hunt
Our little cutie! Born December 31, 2012 at 10:09 pm; 7 lbs, 7 oz.; 20 inches long

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Canoe!

We have been wanting a canoe for a long time.  I had only been in a canoe once or twice (when I was small) before I met Josh.  He has lots of fun memories of going canoeing as a kid, and when we visited his family before we were married, we went canoeing and have gone almost everytime after that (when the weather was right).  So, Josh found a great deal on this awesome canoe and decided it was time!  Saralyn and Easton were a tiny bit nervous, but way excited the first time we took it out.   Alma, our cautious and careful one, was terrified--not kidding! 



This was how Alma looked for probably the first 15 minutes-at least- and she was screaming " I want to go back! I want to be back on land!"

"take me back NOW! I don't like it...." and on and on.  I literally had to drag her into the boat.  Poor thing :(
This is how Saralyn looked from the start...ready for a good time :)

And this is how Easton looked at the start.  Riding on the front end, draggin' his legs in the water...No fear.  You can't see his face from here, but you can bet he was probably sucking on his fingers, which translates to "ahhh, this is the life"
After the first little bit, everyone was smiling.  And Alma even said "I like the boat" by the end of the trip.
Here is a deer that Saralyn spotted on the way back
Not the best picture of us, but it's the best I could get since I was in charge of the camera.  At least I have proof that I was there too :)

Saralyn, excited to have her turn sitting up front

I had a hard time getting Easton to look at me.  He was facinated with the water.  On the way back, he actually fell in!  Not all the way in though, just his head and upper body.  Don't worry, I saved him :)  And he wasn't too upset by it.
 So, we had a great first ride out and I am sure there will be many more to come!  Thanks Daddy for making fun memories with us!
**If you're wondering why Easton is wearing a pink Barbie life jacket, well he inherited it from Alma.  He hasn't complained one bit :)

2 comments:

G. Grandma Alma said...

I'm glad Alma liked the canoe by the end of the ride. You will have lots of good family times with it.

Sarah said...

Alma sounds like me. Always cautious to try new things. I'm glad you got a canoe. It's a great, inexpensive way to spend time together.