Montana May Hunt

Montana May Hunt
Our little cutie! Born December 31, 2012 at 10:09 pm; 7 lbs, 7 oz.; 20 inches long

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Look Mom, no training wheels!

Ever since the first few days of warmth where the snow was starting to melt Alma has been wanting to get outside and try to learn to ride her bike without training wheels. We have tried it a few times in the past, but she was nervous and not quite ready. But this time, she was determined. So, I strapped Easton on by back, Saralyn on her tricycle, and off we went. I ran alongside her back and forth down the sidewalk the first day, and she did really well, but still didn't want me to let go. The next day she was a little more brave and I could let go a little here and there and by the end of the day, she was pretty stable on her own, I only had to hold on to help her get started. She was so cute because when she was a little tipsy or scared she would tell herself "I can do this, I can do this..." Positive self talk can do wonders! :) After that it snowed again and was too cold to go out, beside the fact that her bike was covered in ice because we didn't put it away. (oops) So when it did warm up again, we were out again. This time she wanted to try getting started by herself. This time there were a few tears of frustration, but I was very proud of her because she didn't quit. It didn't take her long before she was doing it all by herself. Here is a video of the great accomplishment! I had to put on two because I don't know how to combine them into one video yet.

2 comments:

G. Grandma Alma said...

Good job Alma. I knew you could do it. And Saralyn you are a good rider too.

Cindy said...

Riding bikes with snow still on the ground -- classic Idaho/Utah spring fever remedy :) Your kids are so big, the girls are so pretty and Easton looks like a happy guy just chilling.